COMMERCIAL, INDUSTRIAL & RETAIL LEASING
Most commercial leases are complex, have numerous requirements and are specifically customized to fit the landlord ‘s and tenant’s needs and wants. At GD&C, we take pride committing ourselves to understand your specific situation, needs and wants, and pursuing an operating lease, build-to-suite lease, ground lease, or sublease that achieves your goals.
As landlord leasing counsel, we advise on every aspect of a property’s operation.
For tenants, we advocate on commercial property leases, draft letters of intent, and assist in deft resolution of disputes.
When entering into a lease, both parties want to avoid future disagreement and confusion. We take a personalized, detail-oriented approach for our client’s benefit, and draft leases that articulate each party’s obligations, including what happens when problems arise.
INTEGRITY | PASSION | KNOWLEDGE | TRUST
FLORIDA COMMERCIAL, INDUSTRIAL & RETAIL LEASING ATTORNEYS
Trust GD&C to draft, negotiate and protect your interests. Contact us today.
The following list includes some common terms in commercial leases:
- Allowable increases/escalations in rent and applicable computation.
- Whether rent includes insurance, property taxes, and maintenance costs (a gross lease) or whether those items will be charged separately (a net lease).
- Whether there will be improvements, modifications, or fixtures added to the space; who will pay for them, and who will own them after the lease ends.
- Specifications for the dimensions and locations of any signage.
- Identify who will maintain and repair the premises, including the heating and air conditioning systems, windows, and plumbing.
- Whether the lease may be assigned or subleased to another tenant, including what happens if the tenant sells its shares or assets.
- Whether there’s an option to renew the lease or expand the space being rented.
- Limitations for the type of business that may be operated on the premises.
- An acceleration clause upon a breach of the lease by the tenant which allows rent for the rest of the lease term to become immediately due.
- If and how the lease may be terminated, including notice requirements, and whether there are penalties for early termination.